The Royal Mail has released a set of special stamps to commemorate the Queen’s 90th birthday, and has engaged several designers in the process.Ten stamps have been designed by Kate Stephens, with a miniature-sheet designed by an in-house team at the Royal Mail.Consultancy Supple Studio also worked on the project, having designed the first-day cover (an envelope with the full set of stamps postmarked with their day of issue) and collectors’ pack, in collaboration with typographer Jessica Hische.
- 2016 HM The Queen’s 90th Birthday Stamps inc. Miniature sheet in Presentation Pack. British Presentation Packs catalogue number PP498 (printed no. 525)
- Issued by Royal Mail on 21st April 2016
- This issue marks the 90th birthday of HM The Queen and celebrates her family life and honour her official work for the country. The six stamps on the front of the pack feature photographs of the Queen over the decades.
- On the back of the pack is a miniature sheet with four 1st Class stamps. It features HM the Queen and the next three in line to the throne, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George.
- Ideal as a gift or keepsake, making a wonderful addition to any collection.